New Mommy Must Haves






Hello Dolls,
Hello World


Life as a new mommy is AMAZING! It is exhausting, challenging, scary and you feel like you're doing something wrong more than half the time, but it is such a beautiful and emotional time that just fills you with so much love and happiness. It is really hard to explain how many emotions you can feel all at once as a new parent because you have the immense responsibility of a new life in your hands as well as the feeling of exploding with love for this new little person. So far I can say that I could not survive this experience without first and foremost the love and guidance of God, so many times I just find myself praying and thanking Him for this beautiful blessing and asking Him to help me be the best mommy in the world. I also can't say how much my husband, mommy, mother in law, cousins, aunts and friends have helped me through this time. From much needed visits, to breast feeding rescues, cooking, cleaning, laundry, emotional support, and endless mommy advice I honestly don't know where I'd be without them all. The term "it takes a village to raise a child" could not be more accurate.

Through out the first few weeks as a mommy there have been a few things that I would consider "must haves".  Some of these I had beforehand and some I had to run out and get or have my amazing cousins run out and get them for me.
So here is my list of top 10 new mommy must haves:

1. Boppy Pillow- whether you are planning on breast feeding or not, comfort is key during this special time, the boppy is perfect to lean your baby on while nursing or even to prop your baby up while you are getting a few things done.


2. Bassinet- We have the Halo Bassinest and I love it! The sides are mesh so we can see her from our bed, it is a swivel sleeper so it easily accommodates to the space and it has sound, light and vibration to help soothe your baby. Camila loves the heart beat sound and the classical music.


3. Rock and Play- We have the Fisher Price Rock-n-Play and it is such a life saver! Through out the day she takes her naps in her RNP and sometimes through out the night I use it as well because she is too full ( drinks between 4-5oz per feeding) and needs to be elevated vs laying flat for at least 40 minutes.


4. Breast Pump- We have the Ameda Purely Yours and it has become my best friend.  I am creating a freezer storage of milk for when I need to go out and have to leave Camila with someone so I am pumping between 3-4 times a day about 7-8 oz each time. We also got a deep freezer to keep all of the breast milk nice and fresh which I definitely recommend if anyone is planning on seriously building a storage supply.


5. Breast feeding essentials (Lanolin, nipple shield, soothing gel pads and breast pads)-  Exclusively breast feeding is probably the most challenging part of being a new mommy. The first few weeks my body was getting used to its new job of providing my baby with all of the nutrients she needs and I must say it was one of the most painful experiences. Soothing gel pads after every feeding were exactly what I looked forward to at the end of every session. Although I applied Lanolin (which is very soothing and healing) before and after every feeding, I cried every time my baby latched.  At that point, I began pumping and bottle feeding and finally after about 5 days of not latching my cousin brought me a nipple shield aka "life saver". Ever since then I have been able to latch my baby without a problem. We are breast feeding on demand until she is old enough that we can create a routine. Breast pads are worn all day because leaking is real! lol My hubby, mom, or MIL bottle feed her my breast milk about 2 times a day so I can get some rest.


6. Swaddle Blankets- Swaddling helps Camila feel so safe and warm which is what she needs for peaceful sleep.  Having soft, breathable blankets are the key to a good swaddle.


7. Soothies- At first we did not want to give her a pacifier, but after a week and a half it was clear that she needed it. We chose to go with Soothies because they were highly recommended by doctors and nurses to be the least damaging to teeth in the future.


8.Girdle/Faja- I got 3 different sizes in order to help me get back into shape. I had to start in a medium girdle so my post partum belly would fit. I am now in the 2nd hook of the small girdle and can't wait to get into the XS waist trainer. The first two girdles are the Leonida brand and the waist trainer is from bombshellcurves. I wear it for about 8-10 hours a day and try to go through 1 hook per week.


9. Mederma (stretch marks and scars)- because of my C-section I have to put scar cream on my incision and I am also using cream to hopefully minimize my stretch marks. *Fingers crossed* I must say I already see an improvement in about 3 weeks.



10. Rocking Chair- believe it or not I don't know what I would do without my rocking chair. Comfort is so important during feeding which is what we're doing 80% of the time and our rocking chair is our special place for bonding, nursing,relaxing and sometimes even napping. Mine is a lazy boy and it rocks and reclines and we love it!


It is also so crucial to have a place to go to ask questions and research every little thing you're unsure about. Babycenter.com is my go to website for every insecurity. Also, I joined two Facebook groups that have helped so much with breastfeeding: Dairy Queens and Mamarama. The mommies in these groups post pictures, give testimonies, ask questions and help so much by assuring you that it is possible to exclusively breast feed! I love them and find myself checking them at all hours of the day and night during our nursing sessions. 


I hope these tips are helpful and useful for some new mommies out there and please feel free to ask if you have any questions or comments!!! 


Now for an insight to our week by the camera roll: 
Getting ready to go shopping!
Layin on my lambie
loving my cousin Angie
Mommy & Me selfie
Date Night <3
My favorite spot!
love my Rockaroo
Mommy & daddy love me!
First Time in my  bathing suit
i love my mama

Happy Days
Chillin
So sleepy wearing my onesie Titi Mel got me


Mommy Updates:
I am now wearing my 2nd hook on my small girdle hallelujah !!! I am down 25 lbs and 20 more to go! I cannot wait to start working out but still have to wait about 5-6 weeks. For now strictly waist training, breast feeding and trying to eat as healthy as possible (protein,water, fruits, veggies and healthy carbs) . Pregnancy and post partum have definitely taken a toll on my body image but I'm so excited to get a hair makeover in 2 weeks by the one and only Derek Cash, can't wait! Will definitely  be posting pics of my mommy makeover! 
Team Faja
National Lipstick Day
Best Feeling
3 Weeks PP!



Now off to Netflix binge 30 Rock & feed my princess!


Wishing you all an amazing week ahead! Lots of love & light always.
xoxo
Arianna




CONVERSATION

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Back
to top